L-10000 Preamplifier is Direct Coupled OTL/OCL Tube Preamplifier.
OTL/OCL means “Output Transformer Less” and “Output Capacitor Less”.
In OTL/OCL amplifier, there is no coupling device from preamp to power , that is, final output tubes are directly connected to power amplifier. We need Output Capacitor or Output Transformer for separating AC music signal from DC operating potential, if not, the latter will destroy power amplifier or loud speakers.
But these two coupling devices are kinds of obstacles on signal transmitting which will add their charactor (color), increase distortion and consume small signal under physical efficiency theory.
In addition they put a limitation on signal dynamics, so OTL/OCL has been considered the best solution on amplifiers.
* If we can remove these two coupling devices from signal path, the best result.
* No coloration added to musical signal.
* Extremely detailed expression, natural harmonics and subtle musical decay.
* Lowest distortion due to absence of coupling parts.
* The widest musical dynamics.
* Some circuit experts could worry about DC potential in music signal, no worry,
Allnic uses ” the floating power supply circuit” which does not make any DC potential from the first.
*OTL/OCL circuit is basically SEPP, “Single Ended Push Pull”, so we need a ” cancellation circuit” which adjusts the balance of signal between upper and lower power output tubes’ input grid.
Newly developed 61 STEP CONSTANT IMPEDANCE BRIDGED TYPE ATTENUATOR, world premier, is installed inside, which contributes to L-10000’s different dimensional sound.
Allnic uses the most sophisticated ” Active Balanced Positive and Negative Feedback Circuit”, in which the penthode of 6AN8 controls perfectly all the operation with extremely low distortion and with highest speed.
• Frequency Range: 5 Hz to 100 kHz
• Voltage gain: +18dB
• THD( 1kHz, 1V RMS) : less 0.03%
• S/N ratio: -90dB
• Maximum Output: 20V RMS( non clipping)
• Output Impedance: 200 ohms
• Power consumption: 120W (230V 50/60 Hz)
• Tubes: 300B x4, 6AN8x2, 12AU7x2
• Fuse: 3A/230v, 5A/120V
• Dimension: 430mmx450mmx280mm WDH
• Weight: 22kg/net
I’d lived happily for over a year with the L-8000, which replaced my 5-year owned L-5000 DHT. Hearing of his 20-year manufacturing pursuit of this Constant Impedance Attenuator, scheduled for the oncoming L-10000 OTL/OCL preamp, I gently persuaded KS Park into making a hot-rodded L-8000 DHT sporting the CIA option – no, not an intelligence group but the Constant Impedance Attenuator.