The long awaited N100 is the half-sized model of MELCO music library which has 2TB hard disc drive and 3 x USB2.0 port. The full functioned model in the same size and design as MELCO CD drive “D100”.
- Fine design both for rack-style and desktop use (215 mm)
- Aluminum front and top panel with hairline finish
- 2 mm steel sheet chassis for anti-vibration
- HDD is designed with anti-vibration system “HS-S²”(Highly Stable Storage System) under same concept as N1ZS/2A.
- LAN port for direct connection with player (no LED for status indication)
- USB2.0 x3 are compatible with USB-DAC, USB CD drive and USB storage such as USB HDD or USB flash memory. When the drive is connected, user can choose the purpose of the drive on the front display. (Import, expansion, backup, restore etc)
- Low C/N clock of NDK
- Power management system by FPGA for improved system stability.
- Fan-less design
- 2.0TB2.5”SFF HDD x 1
- Gigabit Dual Ethernet LAN port
- PC file sharing function
- DLNA/UPnP media server function with Twonky Server 8.5
- USB-DAC connection for USB playback – supports Gapless and DSD with DoP and Melco Markerless DSD.
- Automatic download of music files from Hires Audio.com, and other vendors to be announced, with file integrity check.
- CD import to local HDD using Gracenote Database.
- Backup and Restore of internal HDD – compatible with Melco N1 series.
- 215 x 61 x 269mm
- Net weight Appx.3kg
D100 CD Drive
Ideal for playing or importing CD’s in archive quality into the brand’s ecosystem, the D100 CD Drive uses the latest generation of Japanese optical drives. This is directly mounted to the 2mm thick chassis via Melco’s anti-vibration platform. The UV laser system delivers meticulous optical disc surface reading, whilst benefiting from extreme mechanical stability for bit-perfect CD import.
Crucially, the imported file is retained within the unit in archival quality. In short, this means that you’ll never have to rip it again. A great way to gain easy access to an entire CD collection without having to touch a disc.
Naturally, the control circuit has been designed to audiophile standards. It houses a low jitter clock generator for accurate reading and data transmission.
The rear panel features two USB 3.0 ports. One port is for connecting directly to a Melco music library for data import. The other is to attach directly to a USB-DAC or other USB3 storage or import device. Controlled by the front panel interface utilised on all Melco Digital Music Libraries, the D100 exploits the Melco DIRECT CD PLAY feature.
When used with an external USB-DAC, this combination delivers the full benefit and performance of a high-end CD player. By keeping the CD mechanism separate from the main Melco library, system reliability is ensured and sound quality maximised.
E100 Expansion Drive
Featuring the same Hi-Fi quality hardware as Melco’s main units, albeit with additional technology to support expansion connectivity. The E100’s single hard drive has a capacity of 3TB. That should be enough to significantly expand the capacity of your Melco Digital Music Library.
Mounted on the Melco Highly Stable Storage System (HS-S2) anti-vibration platform, as used in the N1ZS/2A, the selected 3TB hard drive is controlled by a dedicated Melco control board. The board utilises audiophile design and components to achieve the best sound quality possible.
The 2mm ridged aluminium half-size chassis houses both the electronics and the hard drive. The rear panel accommodates two USB 3.0 sockets – one for connection to the main Melco library and the other to daisy-chain further E100’s for additional storage capacity.