The Melco N1 Music Library gives digital music lovers the benefits of the first storage system optimised for high resolution audio. Designed from the outset as an Audiophile component it is bristling with Audiophile credentials – even the basic design architecture is unique to the application of High Resolution Digital Music playback. Incorporating the unique Melco Direct Streaming Music format, all systems using network players benefit from improved sound quality and a better user experience, free from IT-industry peripherals.
The digital audio file has now become the most important and highest quality audio source, with files similar to SACD or CD. To support this trend, various high end audio players now support UPnP / DLNA streaming. Unlike SACD or CD, audio streaming requires integration with a NAS (Network Storage) device that needs to be carefully designed for low noise, power stabilisation and functionality. The team of engineers at Buffalo did just that: designed a NAS specifically as a High Resolution Digital Music Library with the name Melco. The resultant players deliver the high standard of user experience and audio file quality that one would insist upon when choosing superior audio equipment.
N1A/2 is a development of the N1A to further improve sound quality especially for USB-DAC users. A dedicated Neutrik USB 2.0 port connects to the DAC for optimum sound quality. Internally there are many detailed improvements to further reduce internal noise including a new capacitor bank to isolate the medical grade power supply, a new higher current 3 pole IEC connector with true ground and a built in power supply noise filter. Newly selected HDD with vibration isolating cradles ensure a new low level of vibration combined with capacity increase. (EU 2 x 3TB = 6TB, USA 2TB x2 = 4TB). A front panel USB 3.0 port makes importing from USB stick or USB drive very convenient and is in addition to 3 rear USB 3.0 ports for Easy Backup, Easy Expansion, Easy Play and Easy import.
Available in silver or black finish.
- Dedicated LAN port for Player (Streamer) connectivity – optimum data integrity and simple setup.
- Light-piped Ethernet ports – complete electrical isolation totally removing possibility of interference and noise.
- LAN LED off function – ensures the highest possible data integrity.
- Separated power supply circuitry for LAN ports – isolates the LAN function from all electrical disturbances
- Audio-grade ultra-low jitter data clock – eliminates any possibility of data jitter at source
- High grade power supplies with audiophile grade components. N1A – 60W x 1
- Specialist audio isolators (Japanese TAOC brand)
- No PC required for setup and installation – no specialist knowledge needed.
- Specific IP port for Streamer / Player with additional Network port for Control and Ethernet. Simply creates robust network for streaming high resolution music and control even on complex networks.
- Pre-installed media server – no configuration required.
- Supports multiple specialised media servers – currently shipping with Twonky 7 with DSD support.
- Informative OLED front panel display – displays current streaming track data, system status, and setup,
- Simple menu navigation structure and track selection
- Simple front panel on-off switch – just like Hi-Fi.
- 15 seconds only to full power-on.
- 5 seconds to full shut-down
- Safe against unintended power down – no requirement for UPS
|Support file (Server)||DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC, MP3, WMA, OGG, LPCM|
|Support file (Player)||DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC|
|Sampling rate (Server)||44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.2M|
|Sampling rate (Player)||44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.2M|
|Bit rate||16-32bit (PCM), 1bit (DSD)|
|Media Server||Twonky Media Server|
Backup (USB 3.0, rear panel)
Expansion (USB 3.0, rear panel)
USB 3.0 (rear panel)
USB 3.0 (front panel)
USB-DAC (USB 2.0, rear panel)
Ground connectable bolt
|Power supply unit||60 W x1 with capacitor bank|
|Drives||2x 3TB HDD|
|Case||Aluminium front panel & Metal chassis|
|Size||436 x 62 x 352 mm (17.2 x 2.4 x 13.9 inches)|
|Weight||6.9kg (15.2 pounds)|