The CB tonearm features several unique technologies and solutions
- Magnetically centered and pre-loaded ceramic hybrid bearings eliminating bearing chatter completely, guaranteeing constant rigid structural coupling and silent ultra-low friction movement.
- Unique system for lateral movement damped by eddy current induction.
- Extremely low bearing stiction/friction through the use of magnetically centered and pre-loaded ceramic hybrid ball bearings.
- Symmetrical mass distribution around the central bearing axes prevents external excitation to cause any cantilever deflection
- The geometry and mass balance prevents change in VTF when altering VTA
- Bearing for vertical movement is on the same plane as record, so the arm is immune to warp wow effects
- Wiring harness with extremely low dielectric losses allows mounting of any MM cartridges with proper capacitive load at the phonostage.
- Symmetrical layout of the conductors preventing RF and EMI entering your preamplifier.
- Multi-layer armwand construction using carbon fiber and other composites create extreme torsional and bending stiffness with very high internal damping factors. This prevents any signal reflection back into the cartridge.
- A dual section counterweight is incorporated with an adjustable damping system. This allows tuning of structural vibration absorptions to prevent signal reflection across the armwand. Magnetic anti-skating; essentially the forces vary across the record during playback to correctly compensate for the skating forces.
|Schröder CB 9||9″ Tonearm Carbon Fibre||£4500|
|Schröder CB 9E||9″ Tonearm Ebony||£4500|
|Schröder CB 11||11″ Tonearm Carbon Fibre||£5000|
|Schröder CB 11E||11″ Tonearm Ebony||£5000|
|Arm wand Type:||Wood (Glossy)||Carbon Fiber|
|Pivot To Spindle Distance:|
- Effective Mass with supplied cartridge-mounting plate
- 9 inches armwand
- – 14gr
- – 19gr with optional heavy cartridge mounting plate
- 12 inches armwand
- – 18gr
- – 23gr with optional heavy cartridge mounting plate
- Mounting Hole
- 24-25mm with single M6 tapped hole.
- Raised bearing technology
Ceramic hybrid bearings
- – > 2mg vertically
- – > 3.5mg horizontally
- Type: Neutral balance arm, no change in VTF when altering VTA or record thickness.
- Internal magnetic damping for the horizontal movement
- Adjustable Parameters
- √ VTF
- √ VTA
- √ Overhang
- √ Offset angle
- √ Azimuth
- √ Anti-skating
- √ *Frictionless, resonance free magnetic anti-skating up to 2.3gr.
- High purity copper wiring, 1m from arm to RCAs (additional lengths upon request).
- Double Counterweight
- Lower counterweight can be exchanged to an optional lighter or heavier cylinder, allowing for an increase/decrease of total counterweight mass without altering the overall mass distribution of the arm. Adjustment to a fundamental arm cartridge resonance frequency of 8-12Hz yields optimal performance of the system.
- Metal color
*VTF higher tracking forces can be compensated for by exchanging the anti-skating screw, upon request