The all new Camira DMC was launched at Munich 2017. Do not read too much into it’s comparatively modest price in todays world of ultra-highend super DACs. The Camira DMC is not only better than the outgoing £37,000 Camira but it was used to amazing effect to front the £700,000 flagship La Assolta system seen at the launch in Munich.
A new Tidal technology means the DMC does things very differently to other products and achieves an extraordinary level of performance at a realistic price. The unit is also surprsingly unfussy with respect to incoming streamers or transports. More very soon, we will be covering it in the blogs as soon as the UK demo arrives.
Now completely revised for 2020 with all new internals. Full details coming soon.
‘The all new Camira is the reference digital-analog-converter from TIDAL and its performance is so radical that we gave the device a new name: Camira DMC Digital Music Converter™. Designed without compromises it offers a true digital to analog output conversion, no matter PCM or native dsd. The Camira employs TIDAL’s proprietary Analog Signal Remediation Technology (ASRT). With it, we are able to bring back the analog signal from any 44.1 KHz signal, which contains the most used formats: every CD and every music streaming services. In a sound quality only known from native high resolution formats or analog sources.
- pure discrete designed 24 bit non-oversampling R2R ladder DAC without pre-ringing and post-ringing
- proprietary USB-to-I²S interface directly into the I²S interface of the ladder DAC without detouring USB-to-SPDIF > SPDIF-to-I²S > I²S-to-DAC
- proprietary ASRT Analog Signal Remediation Technology: Field Programmable Gate Array for most precise timing informations for and between the left and right channel incl. timing correction and remediation processing of 44.1 KHz signals
- true balanced output concept without any sound-changing inverted signal generation (like with transformer outputs)
- every function-module has its own voltage supply, separated for each channel, left and right, for e.g. such as for the amplification, the DAC, the PCM-unit and the USB-module and others. All together 20 ultra low noise voltage supplies.
- the best cables are: no cables at all. Therefore you will not find any connectors, cable bridges or anything like it at the Camira. The only wiring we are using inside is an original TIDAL Reference hollow conductor silver cable from the power input directly soldered onto the PCB board – no compromise.
- 2 x digital input AES (XLR)
- 2 x digital SPDIF (coaxial BNC, cinch RCA)
- 1 x asynchronous USB class 2 input for PCM and DSD/DXD audio formats
- up to 384 KHz sampling rate
- 384 KHz/24 bit PCM and up to DSD256 over USM
- no drivers needed for MAC OS and Linux
- drivers for Windows
- DSD by DoP and native over ASIO interface for Windows
- 0,01% tolerance precision resistors
- femto clock ultra low noise oscillator (-169 dB)
- fully discrete Class-A output amplifier
- ultralow-ESR organic capacitors
- Dimensions: 44cm x 13cm x 39cm / 17.3″ x 5.1″ x 15.3″ (width x height x length)
- Weight: 24 lbs. / 11 kg
|TIDAL CAMIRA DMC™ (new 2020)||£35,500|