Like the L8500 and L9000 the new M2500 mono amplifiers have been created as a result of demand in the home and Asian markets for greater performance at lower cost. The M2500 cleverly do away with the M3000 monoblock chassis and opt for a far more cost effective folded sheet metal casework. This reduces the chassis cost significantly (the biggest cost by far in the manufacturing process) and it means you get a set of very high performing amps for even greater value.
The M2500 retail for £12,000 and are another very interesting design. With a 5AU4 tube rectifier these can be Triode or Pentode with 3 available configurations. PX25 for 20 watts, 300B for 30 watts or 100 watts from x2 KT150. Both the 300b and KT150 will drive many many speaker designs so you get to have your cake and eat it too. Allnic life, bass response/precision and dynamics married with intimacy, microdetail and wonderful timbres and textures.
Tubes: 300B x 4, 12A4 x 4, 6485 x 2
Frequency Response: 20Hz~50kHz
THD: less than 0.01%
Input Impedance: 100 kOhms
Input Sensitivity: 0.7V
Damping Factor: 20
Dimensions: 440mm (W), 260mm (H), 370mm (D)
• “Full Engagement” Output Transformers. Conventional output transformers use pre-set secondary windings to accommodate 4, 8 and 16 ohm loudspeaker loads. However, these conventional transformers utilize only one secondary winding at a time, while the other secondary windings remain “idle”. This approach has two adverse effects. First, the output transformers are not working at their maximum efficiency, reducing their output relative to their potential. Second, the “idle” windings are not actually “idle”; they are subject to parasitic oscillations, producing their own “signal”. This undesirable electrical information is additive to the transformer’s output, distorting the amplified signal going to the loudspeaker. Allnic’s “Full Engagement” transformers address these issues by having 4 independent, secondary windings which are always fully connected, never “idled”. This means that all secondary windings are always connected to your loudspeakers, regardless of which output switch position you use (4 ohms or 8 ohms or 8 ohms or 16 ohms, depending on the factory configuration you have selected). The result is that there is neither a loss of transformer output efficiency, nor the introduction into the output signal of distortion from parasitic oscillations of the secondary windings.
• Large Nickel/FeSi Core Output Transformers. As with our other models, Allnic uses very large output transformers with nickel, mixed with FeSi, cores. This provides for higher inductance with fewer windings than other designs can provide and results in the great benefit of an extremely wide range of output frequencies.
• Analogue Power Tube Current Monitors. In order to provide constant current (bias) monitoring for the power tubes, Allnic uses a separate analogue current meter for each tube. The meters make it exceptionally easy to see the status of each tube at any time and to respond immediately to any variation in bias by use of the bias control knob for the relevant tube. The meters offer a simple, unambiguous indication of each tube’s status compared to conventional LED bias monitors.
• Power transformer with under 1% voltage regulation. The voltage regulation of the transformer is the percentage change in the output voltage from no-load to full-load. To get the best performance out of your transformer, you need the lowest possible voltage regulation. The voltage regulation of Allnic’s power transformer is under 1%. It yields an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor, resulting in increased current speed and better dynamics.
• New vacuum tube damping technology. Allnic Audio’s patented “Absorb GEL tube damper” technology prevents harmful vibrations from reaching the signal / gain tubes and, therefore, prevents microphonic noise propagation in the tubes. The Allnic Audio Absorb Gel damper technology effectively solves a problem that plagues most tube amplification systems. Provided other tube components do not introduce microphonic noise into your system, with the Absorb Gel damping system, you will enjoy a degree of transparent sound that will surprise and please you.
• Class AB operation
• Low negative feedback design